Anyone who is self-conscious about having uneven or crooked teeth should visit a dentist to discuss orthodontics in Weybridge. There are many options available, giving a lot of flexibility and allowing the best choice for each individual.
Many dentists offer braces and tooth aligners, but the best service can be had by visiting a clinic with a focus on orthodontics in Weybridge. Practices such as Weybridge Orthodontics have the most options and years of experience in helping people to improve their smiles.
What are orthodontics?
Orthodontics are treatments used to correct problems such as crowded or uneven teeth or a misaligned bite. It is quite common for adult teeth to come though slightly unevenly or crooked. Braces or aligners can be used to make adjustments to the alignment of the teeth so that they are more even and straight. This can be done at a young age, when the adult teeth start to come through, or later in adult life.
Types of orthodontics
There are many different types of orthodontics in Weybridge available, including:
- traditional braces, which use brackets and wires to correct the teeth
- clear or invisible braces, which use clear or tooth-coloured brackets and are much more discreet than traditional braces
- functional appliances, which are removable braces that work on both the upper and lower teeth at once
- lingual braces, which are placed behind the teeth and therefore can’t be seen
- removable aligners, which can be clear and very discreet
- removable appliances, which can be removed for contact sports or cleaning
- short-term orthodontic treatments to straighten usually the front teeth and improve the smile.
What happens during an orthodontic consultation
For anyone considering orthodontics in Weybridge, the first step is to visit a dental clinic for a consultation. The orthodontist will take a good look at the teeth and jaw, which may include taking x-rays, photographs and moulds of the teeth. These will help to identify the best way to correct the teeth and bite. The orthodontist or a member of their team will talk through the different options, and plot out a treatment plan.
There is no need to suffer crooked teeth, with many options available for orthodontics in Weybridge.