Dental implants in Manchester can give patients a new lease of life. The effect of this innovative dental solution is often very positive. Here are just eight of the many reasons why:
- Many people are suitable for dental implants. As long as the required jawbone density exists and the patient is in good health, the chances are high that they will be able to have dental implants.
- There are techniques for creating a suitable environment for implants, if it does not already exist.
Bone grafts and sinus lifts are often used to build up the jawbone if the patient does not already have the density required to support their implants.
- Dental implants in Manchester, from dentists such as Smylife, are designed to last a lifetime.
Dental implants are strong and well-integrated into the body so they can last for a long time, if properly cared for.
- Dental implants are cared for just like normal teeth.
A diligent hygiene routine is essential to care for the gums and surrounding teeth when a patient has dental implants. However, the implants themselves do not suffer from tooth decay.
- The bite pressure of dental implants is comparable to normal teeth (and it doesn’t lessen over time).
Bite pressure makes all the difference when it comes to tooth replacement. The quality that most people want fully restored is the ability to eat and make great food choices again. No special techniques or adaptations are required to eat using dental implants.
- Patients don’t necessarily need one implant per missing tooth.
A single implant can support more than one tooth when they are mounted on a bridge or denture.
- Dental implants mean that patients can choose almost any food again.
Some teeth replacement methods restrict food choices for the patients. Dental implants allow them the freedom to eat almost anything.
- Dental implants do not need to affect any remaining, healthy teeth.
If there remains of unhealthy teeth are still present, these need to be removed before dental implants can be inserted. However, healthy teeth can remain in place. The dental implants are added around them and matched as closely as possible so that the smile looks uniform and natural.